Please choose a product
- Plastic fibres
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Polyethylene-terephthalate (PET)
- Polyamide (PA)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Polystyrol (PS)
- Styrene Acrylonitrile (SAN)
- Strapping tapes
- PET Automatic strapping tapes
- PP Automatic strapping tapes
- PP Strapping tapes for manual use
- Additional packaging products
- Agricultural products
- Cordon Wire
- Hop-carrier wire
- Trunk tying straps
- Supplementary agricultural products
- Filaments for concrete
- Plastic filaments for concrete
Polypropylene (PP) Bristles for Brushes and Brooms
The widely applicable rigid polypropylene (PP) fibres has low density, so they have favourable yield and low costs. Polypropylene does not incept moisture, pollution and smells. Its rigidity is excellent even if it is wet, not fragile and neutral to most dissolvent, oils, acids and chemical agents. It is the most chemoresistant synthetic fibre, that can be produced in UV stabilized version.
Phisical and chemical characteristics
Density: 0,90 - 0,91 g/cm3
Melting point: 171 ºC
Vitrification temperature of the amorphous phase: -15 ºC
Chemical resistance (at 20 °C)
Chemical resistance of polypropylene is excellent.
Fields of application
Household and body-care brushes, brooms, industrial and technical brushes.
Possible bundle lenght: 35 – 2000 mm
- Not oiled: for manual use
- Oiled: for process with high-speed machines
- Straight (level)
- Crimped: we can offer ten types of crimping marked with numbers 1-9 and letter “A”. You can find data of crimping types here.
The amplitude of the crimp can be changed depending on customer demand.
Flaggable: if flagging is needed after making brush,
- min. diameter: 0,23 mm
Flagged: minimum diameter: 0,23 mm,
- lenght: we can flag fibres with length between 120 – 1000 mm
- depth: 8 – 13 mm in accordance with demand
Homopolimer: for punching use
Copolimer: for melting (fusing) use
PP bristles are available with the following profiles
Our standard colours are given in our colour sample collection. In case of significant quantity is demanded, also different colours can be manufactured.
PP bristles with min. diameter of 1.50 mm are treated in chamber with hot air to be perfectly straight.
- fibre diameter 0.15 – 0.50 mm: PE foil tube with bundle diameter 55-57 mm or 58-60 mm in accordance with demand
- fibre diameter above 0.50 mm: wrapped with PE foil with bundle diameter 60 mm
- fibre diameter 0.15 -0.40 mm: foil tube with bundle diameter 52-54 mm is possible
- fibre diameter 1.00 – 1.50 mm without crimping: max. bundle diameter can be 70 mm
- fibre diameter 1.00 – 1.50 mm with crimping: max. bundle diameter can be 80 mm
Worldwide. In cartons, fixed to pallet; as required.